Action Items I sent to Council for consideration:
1. Consider executing selective buy-outs that make sense
2. Get Humans Services, Airport ARC and others to pay what they owe the General Fund.
3. Consider abolishing flood authority, bring in-house to reduce redundant operations
4. Use non-obligated funds to help balance, budget short term
5. Liquidate vacant properties, Valley Crest, Old Juvenile Center, other County owned property. Establish a Land Bank Authority.
6. Re-negotiate Collective Bargaining Agreements like we mean it.
7. Do a full blown staffing analysis
8. Consider outsourcing functions through attrition
9. Get control of Workers Comp abuse.
10. Establish a viable energy management program, lighting retrofit, shut down unnecessary lighting�
11. Improve competitive contracting procedures.
12. Compete Professional Services contracts all of them
13. Eliminate many land lines and use cells with GPS tracking (share minutes government-wide)
14. Cross train personnel and SHARE resources to balance workload peaks and valleys
15. Examine fleet vehicles - major savings in this area.
16. Do more Preventive Maintenance rather than breakdown repairs.
17. Eliminate Passport Office, it's a Federal mandated function, not County (not a profit center)
18. Prison overtime is out of control. Reel in the abuse.
19. Lease moon lake pool to a for-profit organization (get a piece of the action)
20. Fix parking garage gate, start generating parking fees.
21. Moon Lake vacant house. Find a way to generate revenue.
22. Outsource Moon lake grass cutting with local vendor.
23. Get GIS system on-line and start charging for online access.
24. Scrutinize KOZs
25. Better manage business development funds to create real jobs.
26. Consider outsourcing snow removal. Auction off excess vehicles and equipment.
27. Establish a fair and equitable pay classification system
28. Negotiate a 40 Hours week when the opportunity arises.
29. Have employees pay a greater share of health benefits.
30. Get 65% reimbursement from State for DA salary. (law)
31. Did the high paid Detectives retire as predicted by Lawton CBA? Wheres the savings?
32. Establish a fair and consistent table of offenses and penalties w/enforcement. Eliminated dead wood.
33. Establish mutli-award IDIQ contracts for frequently purchased items.
34. Establish a centrally controlled contract/acquisition branch.
35. Pay down debt service with any available funds
36. Hold off on arbitrary raises, instead base it on merit and performance.
37. Eliminate monthly fee for Kronos system and get rid of it all together.
38. Eliminate 2013 non-union manager raises at Prison
39. Prison management and admin staff gets free food, Steak, stuffed peppers. Investigate and eliminate.
40. Record storage (use existing facilities we already own)
41. Look into fees we are paying for the online assessment database that we provide data for.
42. Move towards a 40 hour work week for non-union employees - later union
43. Eliminate Health Benefits for part time < 30 hr/wk employees
44. Stop monetizing delinquent tax claims
45. Aggressively collect revenues from property tax cheaters.